The British Sedimentological Research Group
BSRG is the principal focus point in the UK for all aspects of sedimentological research. The group is an informal collection of sedimentologists from both Britain and the rest of the world, there is no membership or joining fee, if you come to a meeting then you are a member by default. Click here to join the BSRG mailing list.
The aims of the group are to:
- Provide a focus for sedimentological research both within the UK and internationally
- Promote and support young research workers (PhDs and post-docs) in sedimentology
- Organise and support high quality research meetings including an annual AGM
- Provide a resource base for sedimentologists worldwide
BSRG is an affiliated group of the Geological Society and has informal links with the International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS) and the Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM). This website is intended to help raise the international profile of BSRG and to provide a useful resource for its members and other sedimentologists.
- Professor Trevor Elliott has sadly passed away (click to read Obituary).
Upcoming Meetings and Workshops
- 14th-19th Jul 2013: 10th International Conference on Fluvial Sedimentology (Leeds)
- 2nd-5th Sep 2013: 30th IAS Meeting of Sedimentology (Manchester)